Can you relate to these words from Scripture, “For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing” (Rom 7:19)? Learn from the Scriptures how to escape habitual sins and addictions by setting the mind on the Spirit (Rom 8:5–6, 13). Jesus revealed that sin enslaves those who commit sin, and the Truth will set all free (John 8:31–36). Jesus declared that God’s Word is Truth and the Spirit is Truth (John 17:17; 1 John 5:6). Jesus taught that the Spirit came to Christ’s Apostles to reveal all Truth (John 16:13). The Spirit of God speaks to all through the words of Scripture (2 Pet 1:20–21). Many Christians have come to this Truth and have overcome temptations, and yet for others, the Truth seems unfinished in them.
Search Biblical Articles
- Follow Seeing God's Breath on WordPress.com
- 670,224 Views
Top Posts & Pages
- How to Prevent and Overcome Sexual Sins (Revised 2014)
- Keys to Understand the Song of Solomon
- Scriptural Qualifications to be a Pastor
- What Kind of Wine Did Jesus Drink?
- Understanding the "Head-Coverings" in 1 Corinthians 11 (Revised 2014)
- Bible Verses for Overcoming Habitual Sins and Addictions
- A List of Remarkable Bible Battles
- Counting Down 10 Reasons Why Darwinian Evolution is False: No. 9 — Planetary Habitability
- Counting Down 10 Reasons Why Darwinian Evolution is False: No. 10 — Ancient Mythology
- Can Bible Translations Be Trusted?
- Noah, God’s Grace, & Being Saved through the Water
- What Does Grace Teach You?
- Did God Command Murder in the Bible?
TagsAgnosticism Alexander Campbell Apostolic writings Atheism baptism in Jesus' name baptism salvation baptist charles spurgeon Christ Christ's church church elders churches of Christ church government Church of Christ church of Christ baptism decently and in order denominationalism draw near to God first day of the week form of godliness fruit of the vine God God is love Jesus Jesus drank wine Lord's Day musical instruments in worship one baptism Restoration Movement same mind and same judgment silence forbids Skepticism the breaking of bread traditional marriage Words of Christ Words of Jesus