Much compelling evidence exists for faith in the God of the Bible. One type of evidence is that of scientific insight in the Bible. The Bible consists of scientific foreknowledge reflecting natural facts and healthy practices before scientific discovery. Therefore, the Bible was either guided by God or written by very intelligent people who in this case believed in God and thought that they received these facts from God. If the Bible is the production of ancient superstitious minds of men who spoke of nature and their own medical practices, then this would mean that the Bible would most likely err from proven science. However, there are no errors.
Scientific foreknowledge is an old evidence to those who know Christian evidences, and this is just as compelling now. Here are some scientific facts first appearing in the Bible before being discovered scientific study more than 2000-3500 years later:
- The cause of the universe must transcend the natural laws of the universe (Gen 1:1; Heb 11:3).
- The cause of the universe must be more powerful than the universe (Gen 1:1; Heb 11:3).
- The laws of the universe were set after each part of creation (Exod 20:11; Heb 4:4).
- The universe is precisely balanced for the existence of intelligent life (Gen 1; Jer 10:12; 51:15).
- The universe is in the state of entropy and wearing out as affirmed by the Second Law of Thermodynamics (Ps 102:25–26; Isa 51:6; Heb 1:10–11).
- The universe permits humanity to observe the universe and to reason from causality (Ps 19:1; Rom 1:20).
- The universe is stretched out (Job 9:8; Ps 104:2; Isa 40:22; 42:5; 44:24).
- The earth is a sphere (Job 26:10; Prov 8:27; Isa 40:22).
- The earth hangs upon nothing (Job 26:7).
- The stars are too numerous for people to be number (Jer 33:22).
- The states of constellations Pleiades and Orion differ in nature despite casual observation (Job 38:31).
- The sun has an orbit of its own around the center of the Milky Way galaxy (Ps 19:4–6).
- The universe exists in a mature state (Gen 1).
- Billions of dead things are buried in layers of rock laid down by water all over the world (Gen 6–9; 2 Pet 3:5–6).
- The discoveries of currents in the sea and oceanography came from when Matthew Fontaine Maury investigated Psalm 8 read (Ps 8:8).
- Fresh water springs release in the seas (Job 38:16).
- Lightning has a natural path and is the cause of thunder (Job 38:25; Jer 10:13; 51:16).
- Wind has weight and a regular course (Job 28:25; Eccl 1:6).
- Water moves through the water cycle (Job 36:27–28; Eccl 1:7; Amos 9:6).
- Biology exists in an advanced developed state (Gen 1; Mark 10:6).
- Life only comes from life, and one genus only comes from its own genus. Louis Pasteur established the Law of Biogenesis affirming that life only comes from life and life of its own kind (Gen 1:11, 12, 21, 24; cf. 30:30–43).
- The complex order of life is far greater than human design, and whatever is more complex than design is also designed (Gen 1; Heb 3:4).
- Blood is essential to the life of the flesh of man and animals (Lev 17:11–14; cf. Gen 9:4–6).
- Humanity is fearfully and wonderfully made (Gen 1:26; Ps 139:14).
- The universe supports intelligent life that is able to observe the universe (Ps 19:1; Rom 11:36).
- Humanity is distinct with a moral conscience and recognizing natural moral laws (Gen 1:26–27; Rom 2:14–15).
- Humanity has a universal agreement that fairness exists and expects agreement for justice based on objective moral values (Rom 2:14–15).
- Human beings rely upon reason and unchanging laws of logic (1 Tim 6:20).
- No primitive language existed (Gen 11:1, 8).
- The Bible describes infections for diagnosis (Lev 13:24–25).
- The biblical diagnosis of skin diseases prevents the spread of disease such as smallpox (Lev 13).
- Quarantining helps stop the spread of certain diseases (Lev 13:45–46; Num 5:1–4).
- The Bible gives instructions for recognizing and using clean water (Lev 11:33–36).
- Israel was to wash infectious wounds with clean water (Lev 15:13).
- Contagious clothing should be washed, altered and, or burned to prevent spread of disease (Lev 13:34, 46–59).
- Growths in houses should be cleansed with prescribed soap. If such growths remain, then remove portions of the house to prevent the spread of diseases (Lev 14:39–41, 49–53).
- People should avoid the uncleanness of dead bodies and become clean by washing with water containing antiseptic, antibacterial soap described in a recipe of ashes from cedar, hyssop, and scarlet (Num 19).
- The ideal time for surgery of an infant boy is on the eighth day after his birth (Lev 12:3).
- The human body may be opened for surgery (Gen 2:21).
- The ideal ratio for a seaworthy barge is 30 x 5 x 3 (Gen 6:15)
One or two facts may be interesting or even a coincidence, but the number of facts predating the times of recognized discovery compounds probability. How could the writers of the Bible continue to know such things about the world without advanced technology to observe such things? The book of God revealed these things to the people of God. The biblical writers claim God as their source. No other ancient book claims God’s guidance and presents such foreknowledge to scientific discovery.