Here are some applications and a list of scriptures about Christians and civil government:
- Use your rights as a Christian and citizen (Acts 22:22–29).
- God ordains the government to punish the wicked and to praise those who do good (1 Pet 2:13–17).
- Obey the government and honor their leaders (Titus 3:1–2).
- Pay taxes (Matt 22:15–22; Rom 13:5–7; cf. Mark 12:13–17; Luke 20:19–26).
- Pray for government leader so that we live in peace (1 Tim 2:1–4).
- Use any abuse of power for freedom to spread the gospel (Acts 16:35–40).
- Avoid stirring up quarrels, disputes, and mobs (Acts 24; Titus 3:1–2).
- Use the government as the God-instituted sword to protect you (Acts 23:26–35).
- Let the government avenge as this is God’s wrath (Rom 13:4).
- Appeal to the governing authorities for justice (Acts 24:22–27; 25:8–12; 26).
Read more about: Israel’s Ancient Republic