God & Science
The antagonist asserts, “God is a myth.”
- Everything that begins has a cause. The universe began. Therefore, universe must have a cause. Furthermore, the cause must have greater creative power and exist beyond the universe’s natural laws.
- Causality proves God. Every effect must have an equal or greater cause. Follow the effects to its logical origin. God is the first cause — the uncaused cause.
- If the cause of the expansion of the universe existed before natural laws, then the cause must be supernatural by definition.
- The constancy and balance of the natural laws of the universe is due to necessity, chance, or design. The constancy and balance of the natural laws of the universe is not due to necessity or chance. Therefore, the constancy and balance of the universe is due to design.
- The constancy and balance of the natural laws of the universe happen to allow human life so intelligent to observe the natural laws that allows intelligent life and all life to exist.
- The most brilliant scientist, Isaac Newton, observed that an intelligent Agent started the nature’s order (Opticks). Other brilliant thinkers and scientists who believe include Pasteur, von Braun, and more.
- Whatever is more complex than design is most probably designed. Biology is more complex than human design. Therefore, biology is most probably designed.
- Design in nature is evidence of God (Ro 1:20–21).
- Every code has a creator. DNA is the genetic code found in most cells of every life form.
- Molecular nanomachines show the complex design within cells, which the intelligent Creator must have designed.
- Science is observed. Abiogenesis & the evolution of genera are unobserved.
- In the 1st c. BC, Diodorus Siculus recorded the ancient myth of evolution that life emerged & evolved into animals, & then bestial men, hunted, gathered, discovered fire, & invented language via grunts.
- Secularists exclude preexisting isotopes from radiometric dating & they ignore that the Creator created a mature universe. God created trees not seeds; man and not babies.
- Secularists assert the evolution of genera because of fossils in layers of earth laid down by water.
- If there was a worldwide flood, people would find fossils buried in layers of rock laid down by water all over the earth. The Bible records a worldwide flood (Ge 6).
- The Bible records scientific insight including thermodynamics (He 1:10–11), cosmology (Is 40:22), sea currents (Ps 8:8), biogenesis (Ge 1), lifeblood (Le 17:11), diagnosis (Le 13), & antibacterial soap (Nu 19).
The History of Jesus
The mythicist asserts, “Jesus is a myth.”
- No sitting scholar believes that Jesus was a myth and that He did not exist.
- Various eyewitnesses attest to Jesus’s resurrection.
- Critical scholars affirm that the gospel of Jesus’s death, burial, & resurrection is an ancient creed dating just after Jesus’s death (1 Co 15:1–11; Ga 1:11–2:10).
- Opponents like Paul and James converted because of witnessing Jesus bodily risen from the dead (1 Co 15:5–11).
- Historians recognize that the church exists & began in the 1st c. because various people experienced appearances of Jesus risen from the dead.
- Hostile sources attest that Jesus predicted His resurrection on the 3rd day & that guards sealed and protected the tomb that everyone found empty (Mt 28:11–15; cf. Mark 8:31; 9:31).
- The eyewitness testimonies of the Gospels agree with past scriptures that predicted the Messiah & His resurrection (Ps 16:10; 22; Is 53; Ac 2:14–26).
- First-century churches delivered the four Gospels as eyewitness testimonies of Jesus Christ.
- By character judgment, people believe the Bible, because they find that Jesus & His apostles have been honest, genuine, & sincere (Jn 7:17).
- Critical scholarship affirms that Jesus predicted the Temple’s destruction in AD 70 (Mk 13; Lk 21).
- Jesus Christ testified to the Genesis account of the Creation of the universe (Mt 19:4–9; Mk 10:5–9).