Here are the questions from yesterday’s article, “Actually Bible Reader and Bible Class Attenders Scored Highest on Pew Forums’ Religious Knowledge Test“.
- Will you tell me the names of the first four books of the New Testament of the Bible, that is the Four Gospels?
- What is the first book of the Bible?
- Where, according to the Bible, was Jesus born? (a) Bethlehem, (b) Jericho, (c) Jerusalem, or (d) Nazareth
- Which of the following is NOT one of the Ten Commandments (a) Do not commit adultery, (b) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, (c) Do not steal, or (d) Keep the Sabbath holy?
- A. Which Bible figure is most closely associated with remaining obedient to God despite suffering? B. Which Bible figure is most closely associated with leading the exodus from Egypt? C. Which Bible figure is most closely associated with willingness to sacrifice his son for God?
- What was the name of the person whose writings and actions inspired the Protestant Reformation? (a) Martin Luther, (b) Thomas Aquinas, (c) John Wesley, or (d) Don’t know
- Which one of these preachers participated in the period of religious activity known as the First Great Awakening? (a) Jonathan Edwards , (b) Charles Finney, (c) Billy Graham, or (d) Don’t know
- Which of these religious groups traditionally teaches that salvation comes through faith alone? (a) Only Protestants, (b) Only Catholics, (c) Both (Protestants) and (Catholics), or (d) Neither (Protestants) nor (Catholics)
- Which of the following best describes Catholic teaching about the bread and wine used for communion? (a) The bread and wine actually become the body and blood of Jesus Christ, (b) The bread and wine are symbols of the body and blood of Jesus Christ, (c) Other, or (d) Don’t know.